Lab - Learning Project
What is the Lab-Learning project?
The reason that motivates the Lab-Learning project is the fact that in many member states, many young migrants and youth who need special attention are not doing well in the education system. This poses a great and serious challenge to EU education systems, especially for primary and secondary schools as well as initial vocational training.
Most research as well as everyday evidence confirms the general impression of the existence of a general mismatch between the media culture of young people in the new generations and the classroom didactics, the traditional way of organizing education in EU throughout centuries.
Moreover, much evidence indicates that these groups of young people are, in fact, able to learn, and quite talented. But they learn differently than the standard-students of the traditional education system.
Duration: november 2011 – october 2013
The project aims to deliver concrete models of media based didactics to prevent drop-out, early school leaving and poor learning results. The final aim is to offer quality inspirational material to teachers and institutions.
- To help promote creativity, competitiveness, employability and the growth of an entrepreneurial spirit
- To support the development of innovative ICT-based content, services, pedagogies and practice for lifelong learning
- To help young people acquire the basic life-skills and competences necessary for their personal development, for future employment and for active European citizenship
- Open multimedia based web environment www.lablearning.eu
- LABlearning hand-outs explaining key elements in LABlearning
- Inspirational guide to laboratory learning for educational managers and educational staff
- From listening to production: lessons learned from media based LABlearning for youth at risk in Europe
- Policy paper: adaptation or innovation?
- Voice 1: how would we like to learn?
- Voice 2: open online discussion platform
- LABshops: teachers, mentors and institutional managers
- Ajuntament de Salt – Spain
- Aarhus Social and Health Care College – Denmark
- Municipality of Reggio Emilia – Italy
- Training 2000 – Italy
- Drenthe College – Netherlands
- Dipartimento Formazione e Apprendimento, Scuola Universitaria – Switzerland
- Kocaeli Valiliği AB Projeler Koordinasyon Merkezi – Turkey
- Foundation “Europartners 2007” – Bulgary
- Intel Computer Clubhouse Network – Museum of Science Boston – United States